Wednesday, June 8, 2011

IN and Around SF- Stinkysocks style!

I love San Francisco and couldn't get enough of it. I was born in the Philippine and grew up in Anaheim. Needless to say, I have my share of knowing and living at other cities but I can safely say, I'm proud to be a San Franciscan! On my days off, I enjoy going to Zeum with my daughter. Zeum is an art, science and tech museum for children. It features a playground (play circle) and a carousel too.

There is a park near my house that I enjoy, Victoria Manalo park. It is where the kids from the nearby school, Bessie Carmichael scool, go to after school. There is a dog park there as well as a playground too. They actually have two playgrounds, one for little kids and one for bigger kids.

Last mother's day, my husband and daughter treated me to a spa and Tiburon. We took a ferry there. Tiburon is amazing! It has quaint little shops that sell trinkets and offbeat items. They also have nice little restaurants , mostly seafood though. The prices are pretty high but what tourist spot isn't? Tiburon is a nice little fishing town.

Some Weekends I like the ferry building on the embarcadero. There is an artisan craft fair outside wherein you can watch the artists work and buy their products (hmmm, stinkysocks idea?). All around are the different piers where you can watch the different boats on the water. On a nice summer day. there are sailboats too!

How can we forget my biggest playground of all? the Westfield mall! I don't know why I can't get enough of it. In the basement, there is a foodcourt wherein the food is awesome. I guess I like the glitz of the stores, the stores they featureare on the high-end side. There is even a family lounge in the basement where they have a tv for the family, they have couches, they have breastfeeding stations, diaper stations and a little play area. Only families with chidren can get in there though.

I recently discovered Children's fairyland in Oakland. We had a fabulous time there! We just took the bart and it is right by lake Merritt. My daughter enjoyed the storybook theme of the rides and attractions. She loved the live animals there too. The animals are all child-sized if that exists! like there is a live minuature donkey, which is cute. There is also a duck and squirrel.

Oooh and the best feature in SF.....drumroll please! Stinkysocks is on google maps!

StinkySocks SF
1180 howard, san francisco, CA 94103 (415) 244-8675 stinkysocks.etsy.com

That's it for now! I hope you enjoyed my favorite places in SF. Till my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment