Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Philippines, my Philippines

I was born more than 3000 mi away in a country officially known as the Republic of the Philippines. To its north across the Luzon Strait lies Taiwan. West across the South China Sea sits Vietnam. The Sulu Sea to the southwest lies between the country and the island of Borneo, and to the south the Celebes Sea separates it from other islands of Indonesia. It is bounded on the east by the Philippine Sea. Its location on the Pacific Ring of Fire and its tropical climate make the Philippines prone to earthquakes and typhoons but have also endowed the country with natural resources and made it one of the richest areas of biodiversity in the world.  An archipelago comprising 7,107 islands, the Philippines is categorized broadly into three main geographical divisions: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
I love the country i was born in although I have been away for more than 15 yrs. If there is one thing i miss, it was the beaches over there:
I also remeber the province. I love provincial life! my mother or my yaya would take me to the fish market...everything is fresh! Life seems so simple in the province


In honor of my homme country, I have dedicated a stinkysocks haircomb and bagcharm/keychain. The color of the beads symbolize the colors of the Philippine flag.
In Philippine mythology, a Diwata is a mythological figure similar to fairies or nymphs, although this trivializes the importance of diawata in pre-colonial Philippine culture. 400+ years ago, diawata were seen as gods and goddesses.
to view more products from Stinkysocks, visit http://stinkysocks.etsy.com
I am proud to be born a Filipino but I am happily living now in the United States of America. I can understand how hard it is to be living in between worlds. Thank god for fil-am friendship! July fourth is fil-am friendship day =)
hope you enjoyed my little tourism rant . till next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment